Today I’m doing a tag called the Beauty and the Beast Tag! I love Disney movies and Beauty and the Beast, so this tag is absolutely perfect for me. A big thank you to Amanda from Cover 2 Cover Mom for tagging me for this! This tag was created by Kirsty and the Cat Read and it is genius! You can read her original post here.
1. “Tale As Old As Time” – A popular theme, trope or setting you will never get bored of reading.
I really liked “reformed bad boy”-esque characters. Like, they have a bad past but they end up being good, or they’re a jerk until they fall in love with the other character (like Harper and David from Rebel Belle). This is a little bit of a confusing answer, I apologize.
2. Belle – A book you bought for it’s beautiful cover that’s just as beautiful inside too
A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray has one of the most gorgeous covers ever, and the story inside is just as flawless! This is a book about alternate universes and it’s so cool. If you haven’t yet read it, make sure to pick it up!
3. Beast – A book you didn’t expect much from but pleasantly surprised you.
Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. The original cover for this (pictured on the left) is so cheesy that I had low expectations. But the book inside was amazing and adorable!!
4. Gaston – A book everyone loves that you don’t
Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. I just don’t understand… I guessed the plot twist so quickly and I found Mare very whiney. I guess it was just not for me!
5. Lefou – A loyal sidekick you can’t help but love more than their counter part.
Ron from Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling. I’m reading Harry Potter (by J.K. Rowling) for the first time ever! Crazy, I know, but I really love Ron! I’m on book 3, The Prisioner of Askaban, and it’s so good. I love all the characters, but Ron is my favorite.
6. Mrs Potts, Chip, Lumier & Cogsworth – A book that helped you through a difficult time or that taught you something valuable
The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer helped me through a lot of friendship issues when I was younger. This series is one of my all time favorites and I adore it so much. I am so happy I picked up a copy because it changed my life.
7. “Something There” – A book or a series that you weren’t into at first but picked up towards the end.
I’m currently reading Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas, the second book in the Throne of Glass series. I liked Throne of Glass, but CoM is SO MUCH BETTER OH MY GOD. I am LOVING IT SO MUCH. I’m about halfway through and ahhhh Chaol and Celaena!
8. “Be Our Guest” – A fictional character you’d love to have over for dinner
I have to go with Rose from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. She’s so sarcastic and funny, and I would love to sit down and talk to her. I feel like she would be really fun to gossip with. I am currently on a hunt to find books 3-6 in this series for a discounted price so I can re-read them all!
And anyone else who’s interested!
Do you guys agree/disagree with any of my answers? Let me know in the comments!