Today I’m doing a tag called the Unpopular Opinions Book Tag. Here is a link to the Original Video, created by The Book Archer. I have some pretty unpopular opinions on books, so please don’t get offended if I don’t like a book that you did like. These are just my opinions.
Let’s get into the tag!
1.) A Popular Book or series that you didn’t like.
Divergent by Veronica Roth is mega popular, and I couldn’t even finish the first book!
2. A Popular Book or series that every one else seems to hate but you love.
I really liked Perfected by Katie Jarvich Birch and I know a lot of big reviewers did not. Looking back, it was one of the very few book that had some insta-love that I actually like. I can totally see why people had issues with that, but I thought it was super cute.
3. A Love Triangle where the main character ended up with the person you did NOT want them to end up with (warn people for spoilers) OR an OTP that you don’t like.
SPOILER ALERT: Burn for Burn series
I really wanted Lillia and Reed from Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian’s Burn for Burn trilogy to end up together. I ship them so hard. But they did not end up together, or anyone at all actually. I’m still really bitter over this.
4. A popular book Genre that you hardly reach for.
Historial fiction! There are a lot of popular YA historical fiction books and I barely ever pick them up.
5. A popular or beloved character that you do not like.
Juliette from the Shatter Me series by Tahereh Mafi. I loved the premise of her powers, but she was ultimately really weak and annoying.
6. A popular author that you can’t seem to get into.
Cassandra Clare is an author that I can’t get into. I found (what I read of) the first Mortal Instruments book to be very dry and boring. I know I’m definitely in a minority on this one. Practically every blogger I’ve talked to loves this series and CC, but I can’t get into it.
7. A popular book trope that you’re tired of seeing. (examples “lost princess”, corrupt ruler, love triangles, etc.)
INSTALOVE. I cannot say this a million times. Like I mentioned before, there are exceptions, but not often. I think it’s just annoying and unrealistic; no one just falls in love within the first few seconds of meeting someone.
8. A popular series that you have no interest in reading.
Twilight by Stephanie Meyer. Just….no.
9. The saying goes “The book is always better than the movie”, but what movie or T.V. show or movie adaptation do you prefer more than the book?
I liked the movie for The Fault in our Stars better than the book. I adoooorreeeddd this book when I first read it, but now I don’t think it’s that great compared to other YA books. I thought the movie was really cute, especially Ansel Elgort!
Do you guys agree or disagree with me? Let me know in the comments!