Today I’m doing a tag that I love, love, love because it combines two of my favorite things: Taylor Swift and books! Taylor has been my favorite music artist since I was eight, and I was lucky enough to see her in concert for the first time last year (lots of tears were shed, of happiness). I’ve seen this tag done on Youtube a lot, and it was created by TheBookLife.
Let’s get into the tag!
1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together = A book or series that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but now want to break up with
Truth or Dare series by Jaqueline Green
Okay, breakup is a little too far, because I loved the first book in this series. The second book was, erm, okay, but nowhere near the first book. I still plan on reading the finale Kiss and Tell, and I hope it’s better than the second book.
2. Red = Pick a book with a red cover
Don’t Get Caught by Kirt Dinan
This was a really fun book about a prank war, and I love the cover.
3. The Best Day = A book that makes you feel nostalgic
Variant by Robison Wells
This was the first YA book I ever read, and I was obsessed. I read this 5 years ago, and it secured my addiction to YA books. I still love re-reading it.
4. Love Story = A book with a forbidden love
Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
There are multiple, actually, in this series. Dimitri and Rose, Lissa and Christian. I love this series so much and I hate that it has a bad rep just because of the name! Everyone should go read this series: it’s funny as hell, for starters.
5. I Knew You Were Trouble = A book with a bad character you couldn’t help but love
The Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer
Thorne from The Lunar Chronicles!!! He’s one of my favorite book characters of all time. I can’t even describe my love for him in words, so here is a gif:
6. Innocent = A book where someone ruined the ending for you
Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard
Someone spoiled this for me years before I actually read it, so it didn’t affect me that much. I was still annoyed, though.
7. Everything Has Changed = A character from a book who goes through extensive character development
None of the Above by I. W. Gregorio
Kristin, the book’s main character, goes through a ton of character development in this book. She finds out that she’s intersex, meaning that she was born with both male and female reproductive organs. Kirstin questions her identity, and when the whole school finds out, she has to deal with a lot of shit from them. I think that this book is very important, and that everyone should check it out.
8. You Belong With Me = Your most anticipated book release
Heartless by Marissa Meyer
NEED. NOW. GIVE IT TO ME.
9. Forever and Always = Your favorite book couple
To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before series by Jenny Han
Lara Jean and Peter from Jenny Han’s To All the Boys I’ve Loved Before is one of my all time favorites (but I could name, like, a million others). They are so cute, I seriously cannot wait for Always and Forever, Lara Jean. I’m getting some T-Swift vibes from the title.
10. Come Back, Be Here = The book you would be least likely to lend to someone, for fear of missing it too much
Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
My copy of this is signed and super pretty, so I wouldn’t lend it to anyone!
11. Teardrops On My Guitar = A book that made you cry a lot
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
Me Before You by Jojo Moyes made me sob. Do not read it unless you are prepared for your heart to break in a million tiny pieces.
12. Shake It Off = A book that you love so much, you just shake off the haters
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
Delirium by Lauren Oliver is definitely a love-it-or-hate-it type of book. I personally loved it, so I just shake off the haters.
So that is it for this tag! If any of you are Swifites, too, I nominate you. Let me know if you agree/disagree with any of my choices in the comments!