I was tagged by Emma from The Book Crunch for the Book Love Tag. Thanks, Emma!
1. Your favorite book couple.
This is so hard to decide. Cress and Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles give me life, but David and Harper from the Rebel Belle series are probably my favorite. Ugh, but I love America and Maxon, too.
2. Your top 3 book boyfriends.
David from Rebel Belle, Thorne from the Lunar Chronicles, and Maxon from the Selection. Basically, everyone listed in the last question.
3. Imagine your favorite book couple. Who would propose, and how? (If there’s already been a proposal: who would be more into organising the wedding?)
4. Unpopular opinions time! Name a popular pairing you can’t stand.
5. What’s your favorite and least favorite romance trope?
I love the bad-boy-turns-good character.
I hate “fate” in romance novels. I get really annoyed when people think they are meant to be together because of fate.
6. Do you ship non-canon couples often? Name some if you do.
Sometimes. I ship Newt and Minho from The Maze Runner and I don’t think I’ve ever talked to anyone else who agrees.
7. Your opinion on love triangles. Go!
It really depends on the characters. Sometimes they work for me and sometimes they don’t. Love triangles in certain books make me ship two characters more than I would originally. I think they have definitely become overplayed in YA lit.
8. Favorite and least favorite love triangle.
I don’t even know if I have a favorite. If I think of one I’ll add it in. There are no love triangles where I actually liked every person involved.
I don’t like the one between Harper, Ryan, and David because Ryan is such an ass (Rebel Belle).
9. Sometimes romance just isn’t the way to go. Favorite friendship?
I love the friendship between Marlee and America in the Selection series.
10. What’s your favorite scene with your bookish otp?
The Lunar Chronicles: Ahh, the scene on the roof with Cress and Thorne.
Rebel Belle: Pretty much any scene with Harper and David.
The Selection: I love the scene during the attack when America and Maxon are trapped together and he tells her the secret about his father.
11. Imagine your favorite book couple again.Who’s most excited about Valentines Day (either ironically or genuinely)?
100% it would be Harper between her and David in Rebel Belle. For The Selection I think it would be equal between America and Maxon, because they’d both be really interested in the idea of the holiday.
If I didn’t tag you and you want to participate, go right ahead!